Christian Articles & Commentaries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Articles & Commentaries

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
... Now, discipline always seems painful rather than pleasant at the time, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:11 ... Faithful Lord, guide us through the struggles and trials of our lives. Help us to be renewed in the midst of them, to be open to new possibilities beyond them. Keep us strong, give us courage, and keep us always close to you. Amen.

Revelation 13

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
brendan
User
brendan

Revelation 13 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 7:54 pm

Banned again! I’ll never understand it. How can it happen to a nice guy like me?

It is strange to watch the guys over there bolster up the communal illusion that they are spiritually righteous in what they do. It’s also a hoot to see a guy they took so much care to foster just up and go when he has got a bit of attention. Or are my suspicions correct that he was manufactured and has served his purpose.

That was always the Watchtower way – put all the effort into cultivating the newbie and push anyone asking questions out the back door. Fellowship is worthless, even after many years of shared spiritual experience.

Gail seems to have lost the ability to lose an argument online without wanting to punish by banning whoever won out. I thought it had come to a reasonable end but no, there must be blood.

Iso sure does carry on like a lady’s blouse. I’m sure libel only applies when it misrepresents the truth. I would assume Teshome knows what he is talking about. I think the reason behind his anger is the sanctimoniousness of the likes of Iso, SW and gogh. I think that is what got Farhat so angry at SW too. I’d love them to sue me – you can’t get blood from a stone.

I see them as Watchtower in approach to the spiritual life, even if they have left Watchtower doctrines behind. It creates an aberration – new wine in the old wineskin!

Perhaps the time is coming when we should leave people to their own devices. Granted, the form of spiritual life they choose seems weird but they like it. I think we used to fight injustice on forums as a principle. There was also the matter of being homeless if someone was banned. But times are different nowadays. In a way, it is a loss for us if we can’t co-exist but I fear this might be ‘as good as it gets’ where imperfect Christians are concerned.

Back to top Go down
http://brendantannam.limewebs.com/?page_id=19
AlienResident
User

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:30 pm

Hey Brendan, how are you?
I'm done with these people, brother. I feel sorry for them, because at the end of the day their tricks won't work and they have to stand empty handed again. You can't trick God.

They wrote me an ultimatum to either write an apology or be banned for a week. It will take a miracle for me to return to that Board.

I'm glad that Prop forwarded me your board. I've been active on a german board for some time but the situation was not that better. Infact worse. It is all about cliques, gossip and sectarianism. I felt so mentally drained and the spirit sucked out of me whenever I dwell 15 minutes over there. I always tried to compare the german forum with PC and found PC a better place to stay. No more. And it is exactly as you described it. Fellowship doesn't mean anything if you don't play the circus. It is sad.

Oh yea, we both (Iso and I) know what I wrote. Once I caught him maliciously harrasing folks with accusations I knew he himself fabricated. A complete lie. And those folks were eventually booted out. He told me that he has evidence to his accusations, but repeatedly ignored my PMs asking him to show me. Once he promised to produce the supposed evidence in a week, and that is many, many months now. I'm sure he is telling people he have no idea what I'm talking about. Ha ha. And yet, I wouldn't have said anything about the matter, if he had left you alone. He behaved as if he couldn't go to bed unless he saw you expelled.

It is a shocking experience to see the real face of people whom you thought you know them very well.

Be blessed, dear brother, hope you don't take them so seriously.

Teshome
Back to top Go down
Derek
User

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 10:13 pm

This may get me banned! Smile

Hi all,
After my post to Vicky's knee jerk response yesterday, I spent the rest
of the day in the solitude and beauty of the our Northern mountains.

It is not a paradise in name only, it is actually a paradise, (although not in name) few people
walk here, there was only myself and a friend looking for diurnal and
nocturnal owls. So there was no cafe, paradise or otherwise.

I was surprised and disappointed by the vitriol my original post had
caused when I came to read PC today.
I am sorry my friend, Brendan, got banned and AR, who is an honest and
honourably Christian man, has had a lot of unpleasant things said of
him. I am particularly saddened to see that DAK has had to see this
feeding frenzy, he called, "a hornets nest", as sharks circle.

I thought, I had been careful with my post, although I highlighted what
could be a problem. It seemed strangely appropriate and coincidental to a
thread I started just before Dak came on board here.

If I had put my post on that thread, I could not point out, as I did,
what I did. It would seem I obliquely referred to Dak. And no doubt
some suspicious minds here would have sought to see my post as pointed
at DAK because he wasn't mentioned. I try not to do things obliquely.

As it was, I DID say!

Quote plus my comments:
I am not saying this has
happened here with DAK, perish the thought,
but I have seen this
sort of thing happen on another forum.

I was not saying it was in DAK's
case!

Someone comes on, draws the members out with empathy being
expressed, then backtracks to
saying the WTS is not so bad after all.
I've seen it happen.

On the contrary DAK did not say
the WTS is not so bad after all
…I knew that..but it does happen
on occasions...most of us DO go through a rationalisation phase like Dak
and I said that earlier on the thread..

How would we know we are not being subject to a WT apologist ploy?
Does it matter?

Well, does it matter?

I thought my post unambiguous, but I don’t think adding, "when" after
"know" in the last sentence would have made any difference.

But of what I read this is particularly shameful:

Quote: "love bears all things,
hopes all things, believes all things, endures all things."

How much did the above poster endure?

Quote:
it was until disruptors sought to
divert the thread with two rather diabolical posts.

Diabolical means:
1. Of, concerning, or characteristic of the devil; satanic.
2. Appropriate to a devil, especially in degree of wickedness or
cruelty.

You can say what you like about others, Isomam and feel beyond reproach,
but you and I will have to give an account to God! ..

Your response was far from measured and disgraceful. And that is
classic British understatement.
You may sugercoat your words for others and hide what you, are but you
can never fool God.
Back to top Go down
AlienResident
User

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 11:48 pm

Thank you so much for the remarks, dear brother. I thank God that we are not in the middle ages, I always think of the region in Africa where I grew up whenever I see people trying to dominate over others. Fortunately the cyberpower these folks think have so furiously to defend is only an illussion.
Back to top Go down
brendan
User
brendan

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 12:52 am

Hi Teshome,

I have the dubious honour of being banned a few times from forums. I’m not as incensed about it as I used to be. I really do think it is cowardly to do what they do rather than put up a good argument. But Gail will not allow her brother to be criticised, however indirectly, for living a double life on the forum and in the Kingdom Hall. It may very well be the time to move on from the PC. I think it is because they will not move forward. It is stuck in a rut, just a small step from Watchtower thinking and acting. They need to open a window, figuratively speaking, and let in some fresh spiritual air. The air at the moment is stale.

I’m really sorry that the German forum was a bummer. I hope we can be a bit interesting and maybe even funny when we don’t take ourselves too seriously. I think the three of us here are very imperfect people but we have a chance to be brothers because we have seen a lot together and that matters to me, like how I feel about my wife. We don’t always agree but we are fellow travellers on the way, hopefully, to eternal life.

I am pleased that Iso ‘got told’ as my kids say. His spiritual smugness is sickening. SW got told recently too. I don’t know what planet these guys live on. Perhaps some place where your shit doesn’t stink and you don’t need to wipe your ass after using the toilet. He has had it in for me ever since he interfered with me and wolfie when we shared the daily text on PC. He wouldn’t mind his own business so I told him to. What is amazing is that was such a long time ago and the grudge is still there. Thanks for coming in so strongly to knock him off his perch.

It sure is shocking to see people change. Well, maybe they change, or maybe we just see them for what they really are after a few years experience on forums. But brothers aren’t brothers depending on whether they keep on agreeing with each other. This conditional fellowship is very lame Christianity and they need to go up a gear to something closer to what Christ said about ‘if we love only those who love us’. This cliquey Christianity must be a contradiction in terms.

Thanks for caring about me. I think I will do fine without those guys for a while, maybe even a long while. But it is sad that the zeal for truth and the forgiveness that is such an essential feature of faith are a thing of the past on that forum.

Regards,
Brendan.

Back to top Go down
Propmin
User
Propmin

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:37 am

It was about 3 years ago that I received a PM from PC-Admin (Blaine, Gail, Verna, Vicki), and at first, thinking it was a joke, laughed out loud. Then I read it again, and realised they were serious. It was at that moment I knew who I was dealing with: people who had been beaten down by a cult, and now, having been given the chance in a virtual scenario, were doing the same basic thing they themselves claim to despise. Thats when I said to close my account, and I'll never be back again, and I havnt.

Then it dawned on me that all of those folks were STILL JW's. They have never really left it.

I will not support a DB of JW's wanting to keep people enslaved, and, as I have consistently stated, that is what the ownership of PC and their inner clique want people to do----STAY VICTIMS OF A CULT.
Back to top Go down
Propmin
User
Propmin

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:01 am

AlienResident wrote:
Thank you so much for the remarks, dear brother. I thank God that we are not in the middle ages, I always think of the region in Africa where I grew up whenever I see people trying to dominate over others. Fortunately the cyberpower these folks think have so furiously to defend is only an illussion.

Its good to be responding to your post here, brother.

Welcome!

Revelation 13 - Page 4 Icon_santa

Yep....those folks "struck out" in the 'reality lottery', and decided to retreat into their virtual illusion. Pitiful. I guess some of us actually like to be who we are, on and off, of the DB.

How did your boys like the FIFA soccer finale? I actually watched a few minutes of it; I'm kind of glad the Netherlands went down to Spain (although I liked their uniforms better- Revelation 13 - Page 4 Icon_geek )

When I was a kid, it was Baseball, Football, and Basketball 24/7, and it didnt matter what the weather was, we were playing.
Back to top Go down
AlienResident
User

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:36 am

Dear brother, I wish I could write you more but it is almost half past 1 over here. And I had a sleepless night, thanks to Isota Revelation 13 - Page 4 Icon_eek

The kids bought vuvuzelas ( you might have heard of the laud south african trumpetes at the stadiums) when they came to me and when spain scored, they blew, four of them at the same time, It looked like the evening before the fall of Jerico. Revelation 13 - Page 4 Affraid Seriously Gil, soccer is the only thing I'm interested in in this world.

Will talk to you tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Propmin
User
Propmin

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:50 am

AlienResident wrote:
Dear brother, I wish I could write you more but it is almost half past 1 over here. And I had a sleepless night, thanks to Isota Revelation 13 - Page 4 Icon_eek

The kids bought vuvuzelas ( you might have heard of the laud south african trumpetes at the stadiums) when they came to me and when spain scored, they blew, four of them at the same time, It looked like the evening before the fall of Jerico. Revelation 13 - Page 4 Affraid Seriously Gil, soccer is the only thing I'm interested in in this world.

Will talk to you tomorrow.

Hahaha, I understand, my brother.

[Isnt it nice, that when we say 'brother' , it actually MEANS SOMETHING!!!]

It sounds like your boys really enjoyed it. Thats great! Young boys and sports (be it soccer or baseball) go hand in hand.

Peace to you---

Matt
Back to top Go down
brendan
User
brendan

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 3:05 pm

The World Cup turned out very interesting, and not for the reasons we expected. My own team never qualified, being eliminated by a loss to France using what they call ‘the hand of God’. Nonetheless, I looked forward to some classy football from the greats. But it didn’t happen that way. The greats never produced the determination or the class to win and they went out to teams from Central Europe and Central and South America. In Africa itself, teams like Ghana showed great ability and gave us exciting games to watch.

The other thing that fascinated me was the level of incompetence at this high level of the sport. There were so many shots, like the ones that head out to outer space over the bar that I could take myself for a fraction of the price. Refereeing and line calls were dreadful and resulted in calls for video and other hi-tech assistance to judge situations.

It is, without a doubt, a beautiful game. I hope they get their act together.

Back to top Go down
Derek
User

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 4:02 pm

Hi Guys,
I have not finished with them yet. But will choose my time. Imsomommy should be called, sweetandsourpork. I usually refer to him by a medieval expression. "The mailed fist in a velvet glove!"

Boy, he is not a nice man.

Admin didn't like my post! I did try to get as close to the line as possible! Next time they will move the line... I bet that two faced ****** tried to get me banned for rocking his perch.

I'm am sorry, I enjoyed writing that bit on PC! Smile Smile Wink
Derek

Ps I found I had to say little bit more!
Back to top Go down
Propmin
User
Propmin

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:28 pm

Derek wrote:
Hi Guys,
I have not finished with them yet. But will choose my time. Imsomommy should be called, sweetandsourpork. I usually refer to him by a medieval expression. "The mailed fist in a velvet glove!"

Boy, he is not a nice man.

Admin didn't like my post! I did try to get as close to the line as possible! Next time they will move the line... I bet that two faced ****** tried to get me banned for rocking his perch.

I'm am sorry, I enjoyed writing that bit on PC! Revelation 13 - Page 4 Icon_smile Revelation 13 - Page 4 Icon_smile Revelation 13 - Page 4 Icon_wink
Derek

Ps I found I had to say little bit more!

Hey D,

No, he is not a 'nice man', on that DB is a complete hot-bag-o-wind phoney. "Ladies Blouse" I think Brendan put it. I think that the 'sweetandsourpork' is wearing high heels at the poker table while trying to pull off a major bluff; one that has worked on a few folks, but as they say, no matter how long you bluff you have to eventually lay your cards down.

Admin doesnt like YOU. Had your post been from 'smoldering--the coward--wick', it would have been perfectly fine and not a word said. You could have even implied that someone wasnt safe around children, like that Coward did with Anthony (and of course, NOTHING was said).

That board is run by a group of self important pseudo-intellectuals that cant leave a known cult. If viki has half the "linguist" she believes herself to be, she would have dropped the proper name 'jehovah' a long time ago. She hasnt though, becuase SHE HASNT REALLY LEFT THE CULT. Oh, but, she's a 'spiritual teacher'. Please.

Give 'em hell, D. But most importantly....have fun doing it. Those people arent going to change a thing, at least maybe you can get some amusement out of it, as well as show everyone else what kind of people they are.

Revelation 13 - Page 4 Icon_santa
Back to top Go down
Derek
User

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 1:06 am

Hi Matt,
All I can be, is myself, I cannot change much at 71.
I rather like to see how far the boundary can be nudged before all hell comes down on my head. I once did it with a CO and he did an off the cuff service talk and everyone knew who he was talking about. I can laugh now..but I had my say.

It saddens one to see the herd mentality, where, when those high in the pecking order get the 'boot' in, the minions, trying to please, follow suite.
People who one thought better of, disappoint us. Smile
Regards
Derek

Ps. I think Brendan's expression would be, "Big girls blouse!" Smile
Back to top Go down
AlienResident
User

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 6:20 pm

Gentlemen,

I must say, in my spirirual journey I was dissappointed by a number folks. Just over a year ago, I was introduced to a very interesting, warm hearted lady, who just can't have enough calling the name of Jesus. She was/ is an ex-JW who had to leave the witnesses because she couldn't bear the empty words about love and the lack of it in the hall. Tirelessly she could write and write and write on how she found Jesus and is filled with the holy spirit. Wow, I was very impressed.
But the more our communications got close and personal, the more the truth start coming out. She could lie about stuff that are so obvious and cry at the same time that she was telling the truth. All the time swearing in the name of? You guessed it. Revelation 13 - Page 4 Icon_eek She could do that agian and again and again. And many of the untrue and harmful things she was telling people were matters concerning her own family.

More recently, I realized that these types of experieces repeat themselves. The fact that folks call themselves christians is by no means a guarantee that they mean what they say. I think one can be addicted to untruthfullness just like a drug. And in the end, the addict may spoil his environment, but it is he himself who bears the brunt of his conduct. That is why I think such people are pitiful and we can only pray that they are healed and can one day look at themselves in the mirror.

Lots of love,
Back to top Go down
Propmin
User
Propmin

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 7:13 pm

I'll tell ya what folks, the more I look around the more I conclude that if we can find just a handful of persons we can trust in Christ, just a handful, we should declare ourselves "happy men".

I have only found a few, and I mean a few, of whom my spirit aligns with thiers regarding the nature of truth and "right and wrong", as it relates to our Father in Heaven.

I am openly pained by this. Because, the implications of this are that my spiritual gyroscope is not attunned well---that is---IM WRONG (regarding the 'this or that' under discussion), or much of what is around me is 'out of sync'.

I dont buy the notion that all I need to do is sit in a room, cross my legs, wait for a "vibration" to lead me to a nirvana of understanding. If it were this simple, and that was all there was to it, I wouldnt require a brain hardwired for calculation and discernment, instinctively seeking the Divine answer within the framework of the language/culture of which I was raised. But, I have such a brain, and, as Lewis Black says..."I have thoughts..."

My brother Tesh I am truly sorry for these people who continually show themselves to be false brethren. Hopefully I and my family have shown you our Chriatian love so that you can always know that there is this little group of "folk" in Kansas that regards you are thier brother in Christ, always.

[And, as you already know, we certainly dont throw those words at every "stranger" that merely posts on some DB, like they do at PC---for afterawhile, those words from those people become meaningless.]

Revelation 13 - Page 4 Icon_sunny
Matt
Back to top Go down
brendan
User
brendan

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 10:35 pm

Hi Matt,

I’m not sure I catch you drift but I think you are referring to the New Age element on the PC. It is weird and wonderful that such things like the Trinity and New Age don’t raise a stir the way they did years ago. I realise it isn’t so wonderful if you fear that the literal Christ will be lost in the vagueness of New Age, or that understanding the nature of God is essential to salvation. I’ll say no more in case this isn’t what you meant.

I think you’re right about quality versus quantity in fellowship – well, we would believe it, wouldn’t we lol? My gut feeling tells me that if everything is positive in your Christian life, something must be wrong. It might be the Catholic upbringing I got, but I don’t think so. I’m convinced that the conditional and lame love that so many Christians give each other is a sham. I don’t want to be too judgmental here in case some Christians believe that a discussion board doesn’t require the same Biblical standard as a congregation. I mean, say, Gail banning me from the forum may not constitute disfellowshipping in her eyes. If it did, she could be in big spiritual danger. I think it is more like one Christian removing someone who is a thorn in their side, because they can. It’s cowardly and all that but perhaps not a problem to be considered spiritual. These guys are annoying but it’s our problem in a way. They enjoy the way they go about things. Our only answer is to get on with our lives. The PC is simply not relevant enough to matter. I think the emotional attachment we developed is about as useful as the emotional attachment some people feel towards their families, however detrimental they might be to personal growth.

It isn’t really fair saying this to you when you wouldn’t be bothered with them if we weren’t embroiled in their bullshit. I’m really just thinking out loud. Sometimes when I go to the PC, I feel darkness. When Shelter first started up, a thought a bright sunny window had opened up. I really better stop depending on forums to fill such an important part of my life. But if something like Shelter came along that lived up to its name...

It seems like all our XJW type want to huddle together in a big group but stagnate. I wish a time would come when lots of people would get together who wanted to move on, cut through the facade and get down and dirty with the faith, if you know what I mean. But I may never see the type of Christianity I dream about, because maybe it isn’t meant to be how I see it.

Regards,
Brendan.

Back to top Go down
Propmin
User
Propmin

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:36 pm

Hello Mr. Brendan Sir----

No, I wasnt referring to the New Age aspect of it, but rather that, in general, we just dont seem to be designed to be the proto-typical 'transcendental meditator' that just sits in a room and is able to "attune to discernment". It just doesnt work like that. So what we are left with is creation, the Bible, both of which lead us to God and his Son, and then-hopefully-our common sense effort using those tools and our brains in distinguishing 'this from that' in our dealings with others and our daily lives. Just a generality. Revelation 13 - Page 4 Icon_smile .

As far as the PC, you're right again, but I wouldnt drop getting banned over there as a result of their own cowardice as seperate from their spirituality. I dont see a seperation. Its a weakness of theirs, and one they are either completely myopic about, or knowingly and consistently covering for. I think the 'big mamma' over there is the latter of the two.
I cut my strings with the Canadian trio (Blane-Verna-Gail; not Geddy, Alex, Neil of RUSH!!! Revelation 13 - Page 4 Icon_razz), long ago, as soon as I saw who they really were. I dont like them, they dont like me, and that is that.

I continued on speaking with viki and brain for awhile, but that also became untennable, as their spirit was too attuned with the PC/WT folk-mentality. Brian went gay and Viki decided to redefine certain words and customs so that gayness & marriage meant completely different things, and they both openly taught such things. I just cant go on with that. Throw in the fact that both of them are actively on the side of the 'stay in the cult' Canadiancrowd, and its good-bye, so long, farwell, to them. Id be fine if they wanted to chat those things over, but all I see from them is misrepresentations and appologistic non-sense for their previous positions. Pass.

No, forums are not substitues, and when they are treated as such, only disapointment will result. There is no substitute for real life human contact, which is the way it was meant to be in the first place. These are just fillers of idle time, hopefully sharing thoughts of either benefit or connection or information. There are certainly worse things a person could be doing while doing this, so, in a way, this isnt all that bad, and can be, pretty good at times.

My .02.

Revelation 13 - Page 4 Icon_flower
M.
Back to top Go down
Derek
User

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:51 am

Hi Brendan, Matt and Teshome,
Most of my life I have been much as I am now, although I am no longer fit and vibrant...that's long gone! SmileSmile
I had no male role model after age six but I met the love of my life fifty years ago, and she did the job, all the kings horses and the kings men, couldn't do.
The result of my experience and those like me, means we continually hope for that which we never had, and measure leaders against our ideal.

So I guess I only found the kind of leadership in the self sacrifice of my Captain, I was a JW elder and 37 years old, when I came to know and love my Master.
God has been good to me.

Like my Master, I hate abuse of power, as I was mentally abused as a child.
And hence, I respect those who put loyalty to friends before loss of face and derision. Those who do not retreat in a tight corner when the going gets tough.
So I value you three brothers friendship.

I hope your treatment on PC, Brendan and Teshome, does not cause you any future loss of sleep. The place is failing as some know well, and, perhaps, we will give them a name to blame, however, the heirachy are engineering their own demise and cannot see, or will not see, their imitative WT behavior.
I hope we can, at least, stop some becoming captive to sweet talk.

Peace to you
Derek

Last edited by Derek on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AlienResident
User

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 1:04 pm

Propmin wrote:
I'll tell ya what folks, the more I look around the more I conclude that if we can find just a handful of persons we can trust in Christ, just a handful, we should declare ourselves "happy men".

I have only found a few, and I mean a few, of whom my spirit aligns with thiers regarding the nature of truth and "right and wrong", as it relates to our Father in Heaven.

I am openly pained by this. Because, the implications of this are that my spiritual gyroscope is not attunned well---that is---IM WRONG (regarding the 'this or that' under discussion), or much of what is around me is 'out of sync'.

I dont buy the notion that all I need to do is sit in a room, cross my legs, wait for a "vibration" to lead me to a nirvana of understanding. If it were this simple, and that was all there was to it, I wouldnt require a brain hardwired for calculation and discernment, instinctively seeking the Divine answer within the framework of the language/culture of which I was raised. But, I have such a brain, and, as Lewis Black says..."I have thoughts..."

My brother Tesh I am truly sorry for these people who continually show themselves to be false brethren. Hopefully I and my family have shown you our Chriatian love so that you can always know that there is this little group of "folk" in Kansas that regards you are thier brother in Christ, always.

[And, as you already know, we certainly dont throw those words at every "stranger" that merely posts on some DB, like they do at PC---for afterawhile, those words from those people become meaningless.]

Matt

Haha, you sure have forgotten what you have done to me last april when I
was your guest, right? Revelation 13 - Page 4 Icon_evil You beat me, repeatedly, remember? I've to avenge that first, we talk only afterwards. Revelation 13 - Page 4 Icon_lol (FYI, Brendan and Derek, I was blessed to be a guest at Matt's home in Kansas and was hugely blessed for two consequitive years to partake the Lord's evening meal with Matt, Anthony and their Familes.)

You know what I call you and yours, dear brother: My family. That is what you are to me. That is also why I always say, one should never be afraid of
unchartered territories. Infact, it is in the unknown that we mostly
discover the most wonderful things in life. I remember how scared to
death I was to join a discussion board when I decided to leave the
witnesses seven years ago. Looking back, I had watched the same
hypocrisy in DBs that drove me away from kingdom halls, but had the
freedom to join in and leave without being ostrasized. And in the
process I was blessed with a couple of dear brothers and sisters in the
faith who are a thousand times worth than the crowd out there. That is
also why I'm so infuriated by those who tell others who venture out to
stay where they are, just pray more.

I don't feel comfortable with words that are sugarcoated, Matt. And people write a lot of wishy-washy. You surely have read those meaningless closing words "your friend and brother" Revelation 13 - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
I'm glad none of your posts fall in that category. Infact what you write can be scary. But that is what happened when one says what one thinks. People who are used to sweet words without any substance don't like expressions that speak the truth.

Lots and lots of love to you my dear brother.
Back to top Go down
brendan
User
brendan

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 3:07 am

Hi Matt,

While trusting that our personalities will never align and we can enjoy the differences, I think spirits align in a less sophisticated way of being Christian. I am thinking of the JW elders and the Baptist pastors and others that I’ve met who seem to think that looking holy comes mostly from looking as if you don’t do anything wrong – the squeaky clean look, I suppose.

I remember especially the way elders said nothing off the podium. They couldn’t speak freely. They seemed to need the script from Brooklyn to speak ‘freely’. They seemed to need to place their wives in the way of conversation so they never had to say anything real.

You don’t suffer from this ‘holiness through inertia’. You take the risk of being human and being a man. The average white male with heterosexual tendencies and no physical or mental difficulties has very little credibility in today’s world and takes his life in his hands by standing up to be counted. I reckon if you add Christian to that, watch out – and they do, most of them. But you won’t roll over easy.

I think, and I hope, that this obstinacy to join what I call the sophisticates will turn out for the good. I must be thinking along the lines of Paul’s superfine apostles. It will always result in a lower place in the pecking order for the time being. But surely this is how it should be. And this lower position can give us the freedom to be ourselves while being Christians, which the superfines cannot be, as they do and say nothing of consequence for fear of appearing flawed.

I must admit I see Christianity as a grubby business. It has never been a place for me where people do nothing to avoid doing something wrong, and say nothing for the same reason. It is out there, vocal, flawed and human. It isn’t a place where elders separate themselves from peons, give employment and credibility to each other and platitudes to the flock. I always understood Christianity in terms of real men with sand between their toes and honesty on their lips and relying on forgiveness to cover over their humanity rather than pretending they were superhuman. I think it is this smug sanctimonious attitude that has overtaken the PC. Curiously, a similar thing happened on Channel C. The self-appointed elders on both forums found themselves with nothing to say to the peons and rarely made any contribution to the discussions. The peons would chat away until some superfine appeared out of nowhere to grace people with their sophisticated understanding of scripture and its application. In the process, they would validate the credibility of the other superfines, and then clear off again until one of them spotted another opportunity to pontificate to the common throng. I was amazed at the similarity of the behaviour of the hierarchy on both forums.

Oops, the post is too long. I’ll leave it at that.

Regards,
Brendan.

Back to top Go down
Propmin
User
Propmin

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 6:09 am

AlienResident wrote:
Propmin wrote:

Matt

Haha, you sure have forgotten what you have done to me last april when I
was your guest, right? Revelation 13 - Page 4 Icon_evil You beat me, repeatedly, remember? I've to avenge that first, we talk only afterwards. Revelation 13 - Page 4 Icon_lol (FYI, Brendan and Derek, I was blessed to be a guest at Matt's home in Kansas and was hugely blessed for two consequitive years to partake the Lord's evening meal with Matt, Anthony and their Familes.)

You know what I call you and yours, dear brother: My family. That is what you are to me. That is also why I always say, one should never be afraid of
unchartered territories. Infact, it is in the unknown that we mostly
discover the most wonderful things in life. I remember how scared to
death I was to join a discussion board when I decided to leave the
witnesses seven years ago. Looking back, I had watched the same
hypocrisy in DBs that drove me away from kingdom halls, but had the
freedom to join in and leave without being ostrasized. And in the
process I was blessed with a couple of dear brothers and sisters in the
faith who are a thousand times worth than the crowd out there. That is
also why I'm so infuriated by those who tell others who venture out to
stay where they are, just pray more.

I don't feel comfortable with words that are sugarcoated, Matt. And people write a lot of wishy-washy. You surely have read those meaningless closing words "your friend and brother" Revelation 13 - Page 4 Icon_biggrin
I'm glad none of your posts fall in that category. Infact what you write can be scary. But that is what happened when one says what one thinks. People who are used to sweet words without any substance don't like expressions that speak the truth.

Lots and lots of love to you my dear brother.

Thank for the kind words, brother.

I tell you, the big lashing I recall was at the chess table. I tell you what else, Lynn is also quite a player. She plays me dead even in the opening, and tHe only way I can beat her, is to overly complicate the middle game. I can calculate further, along more lines, and complication serves the purpose. I think our cunning, diobolical natures are left best for the trivial games we play. She is also an amazing shark at 'Acquire', a Capitalist exploiter game. She wins 80+% of the time in that one.

Perhaps the PC cowards/hiders need more trivial games in their lives and that way they wouldnt play trivail BS games with people in THIER REAL LIVES.

Somewhere, my brother, I have the both of us doing Karoke together to the song "Loosing my religion" on mp3. I'll have to find that one.

Something interesting that has happened to me in just the last 24 hours; 3 seperate people, who have never met or spoken to each other, in completely different parts of my life, have come to me with privilaged information/requests, asking for my word on the matter, saying; "youre the only one I can trust with this."

Love to the three of you---

Revelation 13 - Page 4 Icon_flower
MaTT
Back to top Go down
Derek
User

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:11 pm

Hi Matt,
Some years ago I introduced Marjorie to Sudoku.
By the end of of the week she was doing really hard ones in half the time I took and getting it right first time.

At first, when she said I've finished, (I was doing the same puzzle) I was incredulous because I was only half done! I said, " Let me have a look, please!" Sure enough, it was the start of her Sudoku dominance! Smile Smile

Back to top Go down
brendan
User
brendan

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 5:31 pm

Hi Derek,

Surely a wife losing to her husband is just an indirect form of submission. Isn't it? It is, isn't it? No

Regards,
Brendan.
Back to top Go down
Derek
User

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:49 pm

Hi Brendan,
Young, Dylan, has got this winning taped!
When he plays snap with Marjorie he takes a quick surreptitious look at his card before he puts it down! Smile Smile

brendan wrote:
Hi Derek,

Surely a wife losing to her husband is just an indirect form of submission. Isn't it? It is, isn't it? No

Regards,
Brendan.
Back to top Go down
brendan
User
brendan

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 1:07 am

Hi Derek,

He sounds like a proper little rascal. You gotta laugh though, don't you. I think kids pay us back for the food we put into them by being natural-born comedians.

I remember the antics of my two hooligans with great fondness.

Regards,
Brendan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Revelation 13
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next