Christian Articles & Commentaries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Articles & Commentaries

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
... Now, discipline always seems painful rather than pleasant at the time, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:11 ... Faithful Lord, guide us through the struggles and trials of our lives. Help us to be renewed in the midst of them, to be open to new possibilities beyond them. Keep us strong, give us courage, and keep us always close to you. Amen.

Revelation 13

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Derek
User

Revelation 13 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 2:00 pm

Hi Brendan,
Yes, Marjorie, calls him a "tinker" and he soon replies "grandma tinker".
He won't let his mum call him a tinker, just his grandma.

With having two girls the contrast in having a grandson is really quite pronounced. Mind you, when our eldest was about four, she put the catch on the garage door with me inside and ran off giggling.
I had to climb out of the window because my dw was in the house and couldn't hear me shouting. Smile
A life without children must be very hard to come to terms with.
Regards
Derek

Back to top Go down
brendan
User
brendan

Revelation 13 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revelation 13   Revelation 13 - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:27 am

Ha ha – if we used that word over here, we would be accused of being racist! We have to say ‘itinerant’ on account of the sensibilities of the travelling people.

My two are teenagers now, naturally asserting their independence every moment of the day and I must admit we sometimes dream of the peace that we hope to enjoy when the constant fight for the title of manager is over.

I guess the ultimate reality will be that things will get a bit TOO quiet and we will be left with the memories of times when the house was more lively.

Unless, of course, they soften the blow by giving us a grandchild. My brother Brian just became a granddad and he is delighted with the whole prospect of his new role. I’m sure I would really enjoy it too!

Regards,
Brendan.

Back to top Go down
http://brendantannam.limewebs.com/?page_id=19

Revelation 13
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5