Christian Articles & Commentaries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Articles & Commentaries

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
... Now, discipline always seems painful rather than pleasant at the time, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:11 ... Faithful Lord, guide us through the struggles and trials of our lives. Help us to be renewed in the midst of them, to be open to new possibilities beyond them. Keep us strong, give us courage, and keep us always close to you. Amen.

John Lennon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Propmin
User
Propmin

John Lennon Empty
PostSubject: John Lennon   John Lennon EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 4:40 pm

I was watching Monday Night Football 30 years ago when the announcer interrupted the game to announce that John Lennon had been shot and killed. I was 9 at the time (and ill), and we lived in a cheap apartment in East Wichita. I remember feeling sad about it, and not quite understanding why EVERYBODY felt that way also...it was kinda weird.

As a musician I had/have allot of respect for JL musically and poetically, and as an adult I have allot of respect for him as I realize NOW that he truly did the best he could with what he had and knew at the time (without a mother or father regularly in his life), and used his celebrity and fame and iconic recognition to sell love and peace (contrast this with what the vast vast vast majority with even a smidgen of his fame do with THIER recognition...) in an era that truly opposed it.

Like his music or not, gotta give the man his props.

Peace to all-

Matt
Back to top Go down

John Lennon
Page 1 of 1