Christian Articles & Commentaries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Articles & Commentaries

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
... Now, discipline always seems painful rather than pleasant at the time, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:11 ... Faithful Lord, guide us through the struggles and trials of our lives. Help us to be renewed in the midst of them, to be open to new possibilities beyond them. Keep us strong, give us courage, and keep us always close to you. Amen.

Healing by the Holy Spirit.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Derek
User

Healing by the Holy Spirit. Empty
PostSubject: Healing by the Holy Spirit.   Healing by the Holy Spirit. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 5:32 pm

Hi friends,
What is your view of Christian spiritual healing?
peace to all
Derek
Back to top Go down
brendan
User
brendan

PostSubject: Re: Healing by the Holy Spirit.   Healing by the Holy Spirit. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 6:16 pm

Hi Derek,

I think sickness and death would be history if Christian spiritual healing worked. I think there would be two stages in the process:

• Initially, the healing of Christians through faith
  • The adoption of faith by non-believers having seen the undeniable power of the spirit

I realise this argument is full of holes but it might open up the topic somewhat.

Regards,
Brendan.

Back to top Go down
http://brendantannam.limewebs.com/?page_id=19
Propmin
User
Propmin

PostSubject: Re: Healing by the Holy Spirit.   Healing by the Holy Spirit. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 7:54 pm

What is the purpose of Christian healing? What was the purpose in the Bible?

Was it not to manifest in a physical form the power of Gods Spirit and engender credibility and belief in same?

Its one thing to say "God has the power to heal you, and correct all our ills. Now, go on and believe". Its another matter altogether to actually heal in the name of God and produce that effect for one and all to witness, and then say, "Now...go on, and believe".

?

cheers
Back to top Go down
Derek
User

PostSubject: Re: Healing by the Holy Spirit.   Healing by the Holy Spirit. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:08 pm

Hi guys,
Unlike Matt and his friends I cannot claim to unblock, blocked WC's by H.S.! Smile Wink

Actually I'm not the kind of person that expected very much in way of wonderful things to happen to me but after the devastating news I had cancer I do believe God and his Son helped me in many different ways including spiritual healing. I would never claim to be cured but something very interesting has happened to me.

I'll come back on this and explain how this changed view occurred.
regards
Derek

Back to top Go down
Propmin
User
Propmin

PostSubject: Re: Healing by the Holy Spirit.   Healing by the Holy Spirit. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:43 pm

Question: what is a "blocked WC"?

I ask, as I honestly dont know
Back to top Go down
Derek
User

PostSubject: Re: Healing by the Holy Spirit.   Healing by the Holy Spirit. EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 12:37 am

Hi Matt,
A WC is the abbreviation for a "water closet". The old name for a lavatory or perhaps what you might euphemistically call, "the bathroom".

It was a humorous comment alluding to what Anthony said on his welcome thread. Smile
God bless
Derek

Thank you brothers!

Nice to meet you! My name is Anthony and I faith heal toilets and believe reading the Bible is worship. Very Happy

I also have a sense of humor ... I think

peace and love

Propmin wrote:
Question: what is a "blocked WC"?

I ask, as I honestly dont know
Back to top Go down
Derek
User

PostSubject: Re: Healing by the Holy Spirit.   Healing by the Holy Spirit. EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 12:42 am

Getting off the subject a little, the following joke shows potential misunderstandings can arise. When I heard the joke last it was the WC was the Wesleyan Chapel:

The Wayside Chapel (W.C.)

An English woman, while in Switzerland, looked at several rooms in a large apartment house. She told the schoolmaster who owned the house that she would let him know about renting one of the rooms later. However, after she arrived back at her hotel, the thought occurred to her that she had not asked about the water closet (bathroom). She immediately wrote a note to the schoolmaster asking about the "W.C., "being too bashful to write out the words "water closet." The Swiss schoolmaster, who was far from being an expert in English, did not know what the initials "W.C." meant. He asked the parish priest, and together they decided that it meant Wayside Chapel.The schoolmaster then wrote the following letter to the very surprised woman.

Dear Madame,

I take great pleasure in informing you that the W.C. is located seven miles from the house in the center of a beautiful grove of pine trees. It is capable of holding 229 people and is open on Sunday and Thursday only. I recommend that you come early,although there is plenty of standing room. This is an unfortunate situation, especially if you are in the habit of going regularly.

You will no doubt be glad to hear that a good number bring their lunch and make a day of it, while others who can afford it go by car and arrive just in time. I would especially suggest that your ladyship go on Thursday when there is social music. Acoustically, the place is excellent.

It may interest you to know that my daughter was married in the W.C., and it was there she met her husband. I can remember the rush there was for seats.

The newest attraction is a bell donated by a wealthy resident of the district. It rings joyously every time a person enters. A bazaar is to be held to provide plush seats for all, since the people think it is a long-felt need.

My wife is rather delicate and does not go regularly. Naturally, it pains her very much not to attend more often.

If you wish, I shall be glad to reserve the best seat for you where you will be seen by all. Hoping I have been of service to you, I remain,

Sincerely,

The Schoolmaster

Back to top Go down
brendan
User
brendan

PostSubject: Re: Healing by the Holy Spirit.   Healing by the Holy Spirit. EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:46 pm

Hi Derek,

That lark about the W.C. was very witty!

In regard to faith healing, I was thinking of the large ‘revival’ type meetings that are lead by the likes of Benny Hinn. I don’t believe healing really happens at those events.

On the other hand, there seems to be no scriptural reason to believe that Christ will not intervene in our lives. The only scripture I can think of that points to the decline of weird and wonderful powers is Paul’s statement about us being left with ‘faith, hope and love’ (1Cor 13:13).

But we can’t rule out divine intervention, I think. The cry to ‘deliver us from evil’ is a plea for divine intervention. Perhaps some might say that the context here is temptation and we shouldn’t go beyond it.

All I know is that I have prayed for intervention for myself and my family many times over the years when we were in great danger where we lived. When the real violence came, we lived to tell the tale rather than become a small notice in the newspaper about our demise. It is extremely rare to survive such a ferocious attack and I believe we were helped through divine intervention.

Your own case is what we probably think of as spiritual healing proper, even though it was a private matter with no human agent such as Benny Hinn involved.

Regards,
Brendan.

Back to top Go down
http://brendantannam.limewebs.com/?page_id=19
Propmin
User
Propmin

PostSubject: Re: Healing by the Holy Spirit.   Healing by the Holy Spirit. EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 12:02 am

"WC" Hahahaha---got it---'water closet'...man that is OLD SCHOOL!

We have many colorful metaphors for that particular room/thing/function.

Kamode. Can. John. Tank. Throne (I dont like this one). There are a few others, however, this is a "family friendly" forum. :-).

In my "professional" day job (GAG) I use the term "facilities".

Beautiful!

flower
Back to top Go down
Propmin
User
Propmin

PostSubject: Re: Healing by the Holy Spirit.   Healing by the Holy Spirit. EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Speaking of mixing the Holy Spirit with things that go in toilets....

I notice that we are "selling ad' now...

scratch

jocolor
Back to top Go down
Derek
User

PostSubject: Re: Healing by the Holy Spirit.   Healing by the Holy Spirit. EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:53 pm

Hi Guys,
We've had the family up until today. They have gone back this afternoon and have had to divert their journey to a longer route due to snow on the main road over the mountains. (winter seems to have come early..it must be global warming!)

But back to subject:

The minister in the church we started attending seven years ago believed in spiritual healing (he has retired now). He was a good pastor and he prayed over me a number of times, holding his hands above my head but not in contact. His services of healing were always very dignified. On one occasion I remember it felt as though my head was tingling and his hands, although not in contact with me at all, felt like heat radiators on my scalp. One evening, after an afternoon healing service, I was walking upstairs at home and felt terrible sharp pains from the area where my cancer was situated, so much so, I could not walk for the pain for a few seconds. When the pain stopped and I got into our upstairs lounge, I said to my dear wife, "If I eventually prove to be healed, I think it may have happened just now!" And I explained to her what had happened.

Actually, regarding my health, I have tried a multifaceted approach since seven years ago.
I completely changed my diet input of vegetables and have took recommended supplements...re lycopene and cooked tomatoes. I never had tomatoes before finding out I had cancer.
I also modified my spiritual outlook to remove a lot of negativity (with limited success Smile)
I sought and received the very best five star medical treatment and appealed to God to help me through the storm, whatever the outcome.

Why have I survive up to present, whereas others have not? I know not the answer but God is good and life is precious.

Peace and health to you all
Derek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Healing by the Holy Spirit.   Healing by the Holy Spirit. Empty

Back to top Go down

Healing by the Holy Spirit.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Articles & Commentaries :: Examining The Scriptures :: General Bible Topics-
Jump to: