Christian Articles & Commentaries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Articles & Commentaries

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
... Now, discipline always seems painful rather than pleasant at the time, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:11 ... Faithful Lord, guide us through the struggles and trials of our lives. Help us to be renewed in the midst of them, to be open to new possibilities beyond them. Keep us strong, give us courage, and keep us always close to you. Amen.

Mad Max

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tessa
User

Mad Max Empty
PostSubject: Mad Max   Mad Max EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 7:34 am

I was interested to hear about the new movie starring Tom Hardy. The original 'Mad Max' or ('The Road Warrior' if you live in the US),had main character Mel Gibson, virtually unknown at the time back in 1979.

Warner Bros. have put forward the movie a couple of years due to the desert in Broken Hill blooming. It now doesn't have the arid look needed. Red dry dust following the car and motor bike scenes made the whole film, and added that gritty hostile look.

Anybody see it way back then? Here's a link to help http://www.theage.com.au/environment/blooming-desert-puts-brakes-on-mad-max-20101011-16g09.html?from=age_sb

Tessa
Back to top Go down
brendan
User
brendan

Mad Max Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Max   Mad Max EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Hi Tessa,

That is what we might call a ‘blooming’ nuisance. I wonder is it a sign of our world ecology gone mad or just a case of bad timing for the movie maker.

I don’t know Tom Hardy. I heard Inception is a terrific film but I haven’t seen it yet.

Apocalyptic films seem to be a genre of their own now. The last one I watched was The Book of Eli which caught my imagination. Why a Christian with much happier prospects for the aftermath of Armageddon enjoys these films is beyond me but I do.

Isn’t it strange what happened with Mel Gibson over the course of his long career? I hope that he stays behind the scenes and does more directing. I loved Apocalypto and The Passion of The Christ.

Regards,
Brendan.

Back to top Go down
http://brendantannam.limewebs.com/?page_id=19
Beau
User
Beau

Mad Max Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Max   Mad Max EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 6:40 pm

Hey Tessa! Very Happy

How are you? Enjoying the revisit of winter conditions in Melbourne? I was enjoying the sunshine we just had....wow...I cant wait for summer to come through....I will be at Bonbeach at every chance I get!

You know, I never liked Mad Max - I dont know what it was - perhaps I need to watch it again --- I have never heard of the new movie coming out, ill have to keep an eye out for it! All that rain that NSW has experienced....hopefully it can get some more!

And Brendan.....Inception is BLOODY AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Cheers mates! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/beau.wetini
Tessa
User

Mad Max Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Max   Mad Max EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 8:41 am

Hi Brendan and Beau,

I looked up Tom Hardy to find he played Eames in Inception. Eames took on the form of others in order to manipulate Fischer in Fischer's dreams.

I'll hire it (Inception) on dvd soon. Also the 'Book of Eli'.

Tessa

PS Brendan, yeah, Mel is a great director. I've enjoyed his last 3 movies.

Back to top Go down
Propmin
User
Propmin

Mad Max Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Max   Mad Max EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 5:42 pm

Beau---I couldnt stomach Mad Max either. It just seemed like...it was a bit too..."hollywood prop" oriented, perhaps?

Book of Eli is about my favorite movie. I want to be like that guy. It seemed to me that somebody (first the writer, then Denzel Washington) tapped into the ideal Biblical personage under post-apocolyptic standards. I know a few who didnt care for the very few scenes of violence, but, as has been discussed before, under those conditions presented in the movie, Eli was perfectly presented as a man of peace and stength in an uncontrollably violent world with a detestable existence. Perfectly done.

I loved Mel Gibson in "Signs".

How was 'Apocolypto' by the way?
Back to top Go down
Derek
User

Mad Max Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Max   Mad Max EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 7:13 pm

Hi Guys,
What did you think to Mel Gibson in, Brave Heart?
The saintly English were given a bad press!!! Smile
Regards
Derek
Back to top Go down
brendan
User
brendan

Mad Max Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Max   Mad Max EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 3:41 am

Hi Derek,

That Longshanks guy came across very bad in the film. I enjoyed the film but I had the sense that I had spent a couple of hours in an abattoir for humans. For me, the best part was when Robert Bruce’s helmet got knocked off to reveal his identity and the look on Wallace’s face when he realised the duplicity of Bruce was priceless! I would have to give Mel Gibson top marks for acting in and directing this film.

Hi Matt,

I loved Apocalypto too. The trouble with my opinion on movies is that I am not very critical at all. The story was about a small tribe in Central or South America being kidnapped to be used as human sacrifices in some place like the Aztec city Tenochtitlan. Do you review movies on www.rottentomatoes.com? They are very critical so if they give a reasonably good percentage mark to a movie, it’s probably very good. They gave it 64%.

Regards,
Brendan.

Back to top Go down
http://brendantannam.limewebs.com/?page_id=19
Propmin
User
Propmin

Mad Max Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Max   Mad Max EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 3:53 am

Thanks for the link on Apocolypto, Mr. B.

I just didnt like Braveheart. I couldnt stomach it. Perhaps it was too "real" or something, but, I didnt like it.
Back to top Go down
Beau
User
Beau

Mad Max Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Max   Mad Max EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 1:02 pm

Hey Matt! Very Happy

I LOVED The Book Of Eli!!!!!! It was bloody AWESOME!!! I always love a movie based on Biblical concepts and themes and this was bloody awesome!!! Usually I watch anything that is remotely Biblical based, whether its angels and demons stuff, end-times based etc. I had no problems with the violence, as it wasnt gratuitous "just for the hell of it" violence - Denzel played his character so well - of course he would, he is perfect for the role - but I was very impressed with it - everything was just right - and then to come to the end and see that he was LITERALLY carrying the word - WOW!!

On a side note - I watched the movie, not at the theatres, as I would have liked to - but I streamed it for free on the internet.... Embarassed

This is the website -- www.ineedpopcorn.com

Ive been on there lately, and there seem to be a lot of popups -- for me, the videos from Vidreel or Wisevid work best....

Yes, they are taken with cams, and yes some of the films are of absolute crap quality - and yes, I do pay for movies at the cinema and I do hire movies out at rental shops -- but I was very impatient, I couldnt wait for the Australian release - and thankfully, the quality was DVD perfect....it was great....I just finished my last night shift (4 days on, 4 days off schedule), and tried it out as a friend mentioned it - and we just got our ADSL2+ connection, so when I saw it work, and perfectly work with no lag - I was in heaven!!

Ah......good times!!
cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/beau.wetini
Sponsored content

Mad Max Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mad Max   Mad Max Empty

Back to top Go down

Mad Max
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Articles & Commentaries :: Getting Acquainted :: Personal Interest :: Movies-
Jump to: