Christian Articles & Commentaries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Articles & Commentaries

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
... Now, discipline always seems painful rather than pleasant at the time, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12:11 ... Faithful Lord, guide us through the struggles and trials of our lives. Help us to be renewed in the midst of them, to be open to new possibilities beyond them. Keep us strong, give us courage, and keep us always close to you. Amen.

Citizen Kane

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Propmin
User
Propmin

Citizen Kane Empty
PostSubject: Citizen Kane   Citizen Kane EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 12:59 am

I watched this movie last night for the second time, and was just mesmerized (again).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen_Kane

"Citizen Kane is a 1941 American drama film, directed by and starring Orson Welles. The film is often considered the greatest of all time and is particularly praised for its innovative cinematography, music and narrative structure. Citizen Kane was Welles' first feature film. The film was nominated for Academy Awards in nine categories; it won an Academy Award for Best Writing (Original Screenplay) by Herman Mankiewicz and Welles. It was released by RKO Pictures."

It is a black and white film, and the way in which shadows and shades of gray are used is absolutely masterful.

Wells' preformance is brilliant beyond belief. I love his dialogue when he first acquires his newspapers; it would be exactly how I would feel!

In considering how they portray the manipulation of newsprint to CREATE---not reflect---but CREATE public opinion, is also amazing to me how REAL it could be (and IS....at least in my belief)

Has anyone seen this one, and had similiar thoughts?

thanks

m
Back to top Go down

Citizen Kane
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Articles & Commentaries :: Getting Acquainted :: Personal Interest :: Movies-
Jump to: